“Party in the city where the heat is on. All night on the beach till the break of dawn. Welcome to Miami”. Thank you Will Smith ...
While Miami does have quite the party scene, it also has some pretty amazing hotels to take advantage of when you are in the area. Every time we have a friend come into town they ask for the best hotel to stay at on the beach …and the list is pretty endless. We thought we’d try to break it down to what we consider the 10 best hotels in Miami Beach. Although some of these carry a hefty price tag, they are well worth the stay!
Depending on what style of hotel you are looking for ..boutique hotel, party scene, all-encompassing destination spot, family experience, etc, we’ve picked out something for everyone.
If you are looking for a:
- The Raleigh (105 rooms) – You may have never heard of this hotel, but I absolutely love the charming feel to it. It encompasses the art deco vibe of Miami beach, yet still manages to be modern and trendy. The "Restaurant at the Raleigh" is one of my favorites for a foodie Sunday brunch on the pool deck.
- The Betsy-South Beach (61 rooms) – located in the heart of South Beach on Ocean Drive. The hotel has stunning ocean view rooms, and although the rooms are average in size, the hotel decor and bars make up for it. With such a great location in a happening spot of South Beach, this place still manages to keep a tranquil vibe. It honestly feels like a hotel you’d find in Charleston, SC which makes it so unique in this area. Check out the hotel pictures, you'll know right away if this place is for you!
- Fontainebleau (1,500+ rooms) – Yes, this hotel is HUGE! You could call this resort a destination within itself, and it still tops the list as one of my favorite hotels in all of Miami. It truly has something for everyone, whether you are looking for the next pool party, a late night out at LIV nightclub, a relaxing day at the gym overlooking the ocean or a glorious spa day! The restaurants are also superb ... Hakkasan for dim sum, Scarpetta for italian, and La Cote for an oceanfront lunch are some of my faves. What I consider the best parts of this hotel are, the amazing pool experience (this place has 11 pools!!) and even better spa experience. The Lapis spa is one of the top 5 spas I've been to and I try to visit once a year for a #treatyoself day. Two side notes: this hotel is further from the heart of the South Beach action, but I've still had plenty of celeb sightings here (aka - picture cocktails at the bar with Cuba Gooding Jr. or Lil Jon screaming Yeaaaah OK across a lobby) =)
- St. Regis Bal Harbour (227 rooms) – one of the most luxurious hotels I’ve had the pleasure of staying in. From the moment you walk-in, the lobby is beautiful, the ocean view from each room is absolutely stunning and the lavish room set-up is everything you’d want in an luxury hotel. If you are looking for shopping, this hotel is right across the street from Bal Harbour shops. However, it is further from the nightlife scene, so it is a more secluded, yet relaxing stay.
- Loews Miami Beach (800 rooms) – this hotel is known as more of a family friendly beachfront resort. It is located in the center of the action on Collins Avenue. They just completed a large renovation and the oceanfront pool upgrades are amazing! Definitely check out the adult only daybeds and cabanas (lots of celeb sightings at this pool too). The Loews hosts 5 restaurants and I'd highly recommend the Sushi bar (Lure), which I find to be one of the best spots at the beach.
- Carillon Miami (150 suites) – if you are looking for something a little more low key, without a nightlife scene, this is the place for you. It is very wellness oriented, with an array of 200 fitness classes a week, rock climbing wall and ocean view fitness room. I rate this spa 2nd in Miami Beach, with Fontainebleau taking the top spot. The hotel rooms are all suites, so a lot of space for Miami hotels.
- 1 Hotel South Beach (425 rooms) – When I first stepped into this hotel, I fell in love! The design of this hotel is how I would explain to an interior designer my "dream home". It is very ecofriendly, earth toned, and leaves you with a zen feeling. On the flip side, it does have a party atmosphere on the rooftop, which boasts amazing views, great cocktail scene day or night and the only oceanfront hotel at the beach with a pool, and a 110ft pool at that. I also have to give a shout out to their amazing restaurant, Beachcraft. It is farm to table style and even provides some gluten free options.
- Miami Beach EDITION (294 rooms) – very trendy hotel in the mid-beach area, with a 1950’s movie set vibe. Extremely upscale spa. The best part of this hotel is the underground skating rink and bowling alley. Great picture opportunity =)
- W South Beach (346 rooms) – located on the beach with all rooms hosting views of the coast. I've always loved the uniqueness of each W hotel. This one is true to its Miami roots, being very modern, extremely energetic, large rooms, and a great party pool atmosphere. To top it off they have rooftop basketball and tennis courts. This is definitely a place to see and be seen!
- Mondrian South Beach (330 rooms) – This hotel is not as close to the action, but I absolutely love it for its location on the Biscane bay side. The interior is a swanky modern black and white décor, the rooms are a pretty good size and I usually find the hotel to be a younger, more vibrant crowd. The selling point for me is the pool atmosphere, with amazing views of the bay and even better sunsets (see pic below). It can be very relaxing and also very lively. I’ve spent plenty of days, with a few too many cocktails here. =)
There are an outrageous amount of hotels on Miami Beach with such different price points and styles that we couldn’t list them all! Feel free to comment below if you are planning a trip and have questions on any other hotels you find in the area.