If you're reading this you probably know that good gluten free restaurants are hard to find. When I made the move to San Diego I was so excited for all the GF options this city has to offer. Don't get me wrong I've tried my fair share of "cardboard" meals, but San Diego really does have a variety of delicious gluten free spots. I'm always on the hunt for new places to try but if you had to quote me today these are my top 10 restaurants that offer gluten free in San Diego.
1. Buona Forchetta (Hillcrest) - Best gluten free pizza ever. The owners are from Italy and everyone who works there speaks Italian. I have tried TONS of gluten free pizza and this is hands down the best I have ever had. It is as good, if not better than the ones I had in Italy...crazy, I know! The crust is fluffy and the spicy salame (pepperoni) is to die for.
2. Snooze an A.M. Eatery (Del Mar/Hillcrest) - My favorite meal of the day is definitely breakfast. This place has tons of gluten free options. I always go for the pancakes and they even have pancake flights... YUM! Make sure to get there early as the line is always out the door on the weekends.
3. Cucina Urbana (Bankers Hill) - This is an Italian kitchen and wine shop with a great atmosphere. They have an open bar seating area, a spot where you can watch them make their wood fire pizza, a wine shop, and to top it all off they have delicious gluten free Bolognese.
4. Trilogy Sanctuary (La Jolla) - This is such a cute spot to grab lunch when you're in La Jolla. Everything on their menu is 100% organic, dairy free, gluten free, soy free, and refined sugar free. Take the elevator to the rooftop and it will open up to a cool little patio where there is Aerial Yoga setup and they even have a small boutique you can shop at. My favorite option on the menu is the perfect tacos.
5. Casa de Reyes (Old Town) - Fun outdoor Mexican restaurant in Old Town surrounded by a variety of shops. They have plenty of gluten free options like tacos, enchiladas, and soup. The fire roasted chicken tortilla soup is bomb!
6. Trails Eatery (San Carlos) - Small hidden gem breakfast spot. There is usually a wait on the weekends but its worth stopping by to try their gluten free cinnamon roll pancakes.
7. The Baked Bear (Pacific Beach/multiple locations) - This is a custom ice cream sandwich shop. You choose your ice cream flavor, cookie, and toppings. They have a gluten free chocolate chip cookie and even offer soy chocolate chip ice cream. I like to spruce mine up with some fruity pebbles on top (Flintstones throwback). The Pacific Beach location always has a HUGE line but it is totally worth the wait.
8. Amplified Ale Works (Pacific Beach) - Great spot to grab lunch and a beer with outdoor patio seating. They offer gluten free beer which is always a plus. My go to is the herb marinated chicken skewers and rice.
9. Choice Superfood Bar & Juicery (Solana Beach/Del Sur/Carlsbad) - Everything on their menu is gluten free, dairy free, and plant based. Delicious smoothies, bowls, and snacks. There are a few locations but the Solana Beach vibe is my favorite. It is an outside patio setup and they also have a cute chalk wall for kids to play.
10. Burger Lounge (Gaslamp/tons of locations) - Great grab and go burger spot. I love that they offer gluten free buns and french fries.
Comment below if you'd like to see more gluten free posts or have any specific gluten free or San Diego questions. =)